Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Anticipation

The past two weeks have been busy ones -- some expected business, and some unexpected family events that took up a fair amount of my focus and time.

There are so many good things happening right now that I want to chatter on about, but as things are still in the early stages, I suppose I'm being slightly superstitious and choosing to not talk much about them in case I somehow jinx it all. Someday soon, I expect I will be sharing some very exciting (to us, at least) news!

In the meantime, I am deep cleaning my fridge, folding laundry, hosting playgroup, and wading through what feels like cold after cold this winter -- and I don't mean the blizzard. Feels like I, and the kids, have been sick off and on for about two months. Getting old! So ready for longer days of sunshine and hours outside with my bare feet sinking into the grass and dirt.

My oldest is home from school today after being up from 3 a.m. to 6 a.m. puking... which means I've been up from 3 a.m. worried about him puking. Which means we're both very, very tired.... and there goes my motivation. Have a feeling there will be lots of reading, coffee drinking, and minimal household maintenance.

I'm thankful today for the ability to stay home and take this time... there are days that I run from early hours until well into the evening... but there are also plenty of days that are "easy", calm, slow, and peaceful, and I am so grateful for this. (Husband, thanks for making this possible! Your time will come, I promise. :) )

I've had my camera packed away for several days now -- last on my list of things to do. Time to take it off the shelf and get back to capturing these moments before they slip away.

No comments:

Post a Comment