Friday, May 25, 2012

Fabulous Mama Chronicles: Does Being SAHM Make Us Anti-Feminist?

Fabulous Mama Chronicles: Does Being SAHM Make Us Anti-Feminist?: “In many circles it’s considered to be anti-feminist to be a full-on biological Mum.” 

I came late to this drama -- why is there always drama surrounded with being a mama?? -- just heard about Badinter's book two days ago, in fact, when I finally caught up on my reading and finished my last issue of Brain,Child magazine which included a review of her latest book.

I'll have to read her book eventually (I can't stomach paying money for it, so I'll have to find a copy on library loan), but from the review I read I am decidedly opposed to her view. This blog (by a young mama I greatly admire!) pretty much says everything I want to say about it.... so until I get my hands on Badinter's book and write my own review, read this one.

(Not that any of this will be surprising to any of you who know me.... I have always wanted to be a wife and mom. This desire never once wavered while maintaining a 4.0 GPA in high school and graduating with a BA in journalism with highest honors. Being a parent is the highest calling in life, in my opinion, not a waste of talent.)

No comments:

Post a Comment